MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Register missing CAPTCHA, unable to register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

myBB: 1.6.7
PostgreSql: 8.4.7

Installation appears to work flawlessly, I can then login to "../admin" and that all works perfectly...however when I try to register a user, the registration form is missing the CAPTCHA image and submit field and therefore generates the following error:
"The image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image."

Any ideas?
Have you got the PHP GD extension installed?
Also at the same time make sure {$hiddencaptcha} is present in your registration template.

But it sounds to me more like a GD issue. GD is used to make captchas from logic. Its very common, if your host does not have that, you shouldn't be probably with them.

In case as an alternative, try using Recaptcha.
(2012-04-04, 12:02 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Also at the same time make sure {$hiddencaptcha} is present in your registration template.

But it sounds to me more like a GD issue. GD is used to make captchas from logic. Its very common, if your host does not have that, you shouldn't be probably with them.

In case as an alternative, try using Recaptcha.

Thanks chaps, much appreciated!!

I installed "php-gd" and user registration is working 100%.

Next issue is authenticating users to my companies AD...but I'll search the forums first.

Bruce