MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Message Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Your welcome, glad to help. Smile
Doesn't this plugin contravene some privacy laws or the like, I mean it takes the "Private" out of Private Messaging.

If you are paranoid about what members are messaging about, disable Private messaging
(2013-01-02, 08:16 PM)Spangle Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't this plugin contravene some privacy laws or the like, I mean it takes the "Private" out of Private Messaging.

If you are paranoid about what members are messaging about, disable Private messaging

Well, I would say it's mainly used to prevent Advertising thru PMs, or spamming thru PMs. If someone is cheating thru PMs for a contest and such. Plus, if you want to go somewhere private, email/skype and stuff like that is "private".
how to add Private Message Log plugin's functionality inside MyBB 1.6.11 core?
actually i dont want to use this plugin as plugin.
is it possible?
(2013-11-09, 07:09 AM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]how to add Private Message Log plugin's functionality inside MyBB 1.6.11 core?
actually i dont want to use this plugin as plugin.
is it possible?

Certainly possible. But there's a reason it's not included, thus someone makes a plugin of it. What makes you don't want to use this plugin..? It's pretty stable honestly.
I seem to be getting a problem when clicking on the message subject (presuming to open the message);

Language englishadmin (/var/sites/u/mywebsite/public_html/inc/languages/englishadmin) is not installed
^ @ p00lz, what are the other plugins you recently installed ? one of them is causing the error
(2013-11-16, 04:25 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ @ p00lz, what are the other plugins you recently installed ? one of them is causing the error

Other plugins installed and activated (all up to date);

A2detector
Admin CP Honeypot
Advanced Secure Spoiler
Cloudflare Manager
Edit History Log
Fit On Page
GoMobile
Google SEO
Usergroup Legend
IP Login History
MentionMe
MyAlerts
Moderation Pack Alerts
MyAwards
MyShoutbox 1.7
OUGC announce bars
Page Manager
Plugin Library
PM on Reputation
Sig Image Size
Tabbed Menu
Table Generator
Tapatalk
Undo Delete
Username History

I've installed it properly (I assume);
renamed admin folder to my actual admin folder, uploaded, activated in adminCP.
did not upload the hidden .git folder though
^ disable Advanced Secure Spoiler plugin and check if the issue gets resolved
Yep that's gone well done and fixed it. Thanks a bunch Big Grin

Time to find a new spoiler system.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6