MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GamingUnion.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.gamingunion.net/forums/

We previously were using vB3, but it was a royal pain to theme and integrate into our website, so we switched to MyBB.

Besides the easy theming and template editing, it was really easy to take advantage of the API to create threads and such when we create headlines in our CMS.

Just got through launching this new skin last fall so I figured I'd post it up here now that the skinning is basically complete.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the profiles aren't using the default MyBB profiles, but that's because we have some custom stuff that wasn't as easy to work into it so it was easier to write up my own code manually and pull in the information from the database.
Beautiful site. I was actually expecting to see another "boring gaming site" when I saw the title of this thread, but I was pleasantly surprised. I wish you the best of luck with it. Smile
(2012-04-05, 03:20 AM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful site. I was actually expecting to see another "boring gaming site" when I saw the title of this thread, but I was pleasantly surprised. I wish you the best of luck with it. Smile

Thanks. Smile

Have to give credit to our in-house graphic artist for the layout for that party, I was only responsible for the coding/backend work.

(Also really looking forward to MyBB 1.8, I use jQuery on the site and having only one library would makes things much easier for me.)
Great looking website, and I like what you've done with the user profiles.
All I have to say is that you've created a beautiful website out of the MyBB forum software. As Jordan mentioned above, most gaming sites posted here are just boring and use the same templates over and over again, but you transformed into something great. I tip my hat off to you sir, great job.
Looks amazing! Nice work with it. I'm registering for sure Wink
Amazing website. Join our Big Board Owners group.

Good luck. Smile
Was expecting to see a empty forum with no effort what so ever. I am really surprised, wonderful theme great activity and great stats! Great work.
(2012-04-06, 12:15 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing website. Join our Big Board Owners group.

Good luck. Smile

Is there a thread or group somewhere here to do that? Haven't heard of it before.
Pages: 1 2