MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Coding partner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's right, i'm looking for someone that can code for me. We'll be like partners. I design thru photoshop then you code it. Here's some example of my designs.

Dark Days:
[Image: 8O1fy.jpg]

Devour Theme:
[Image: GaqFB.png]

Devour Theme Red:
[Image: oOmH3.png]

Just post here or PM me if you're interested.
I'm looking for a designer currently, but these designs don't really fit my taste. Do you have any other examples?
(2012-04-06, 07:09 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking for a designer currently, but these designs don't really fit my taste. Do you have any other examples?

Those are my first designs. I can design more if you can give me some ideas on what design would you like.
You definitely have potential, but there are some big issues with the themes. I'll explain them.

Dark Days:
1: The menu is too small, and doesn't fit with the header. The hover/current state would only look good if it went over the border of the menu bar or was within (at least 2-3px) the menu bar. It just doesn't look right while it's the same height.

2: The breadcrumb needs to be bigger, height wise. The Border radius is too big for the breadcrumb's current height, making it look cramped.

3: Can't tell if there is one there already, but a gradient would be nice on the thead. It's a bit plain right now.

4: There seems to be a line (it appears blue when zoomed in) under the thead that doesn't fit. Remove it.

5: To make this really unique, you need to redo the header. It's just plain and boring right now.

Devour: 

This is actually a really good theme, but you've made a poor choice of color for the background and forum body (not sure what it's really called). If you made the background a mid-light gray and the forum body a off white gray it would be much, much better. Also, remove some of the padding from in-between the first category title and the breadcrumb. Finally, add a bit of left margin on the nav in the footer, as it's currently too close to the edge of the screen.
looks good
(2012-04-07, 04:19 AM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]You definitely have potential, but there are some big issues with the themes. I'll explain them.

Dark Days:
1: The menu is too small, and doesn't fit with the header. The hover/current state would only look good if it went over the border of the menu bar or was within (at least 2-3px) the menu bar. It just doesn't look right while it's the same height.

2: The breadcrumb needs to be bigger, height wise. The Border radius is too big for the breadcrumb's current height, making it look cramped.

3: Can't tell if there is one there already, but a gradient would be nice on the thead. It's a bit plain right now.

4: There seems to be a line (it appears blue when zoomed in) under the thead that doesn't fit. Remove it.

5: To make this really unique, you need to redo the header. It's just plain and boring right now.

Devour:

This is actually a really good theme, but you've made a poor choice of color for the background and forum body (not sure what it's really called). If you made the background a mid-light gray and the forum body a off white gray it would be much, much better. Also, remove some of the padding from in-between the first category title and the breadcrumb. Finally, add a bit of left margin on the nav in the footer, as it's currently too close to the edge of the screen.

I'll try to fix them. As it's not yet coded. xD
Also, a subtle pattern on Devour (light gray) would also be an excellent background. Check out http://subtlepatterns.com/ for some awesome patterns and try a few out to see what works best.
(2012-04-07, 01:41 PM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]Also, a subtle pattern on Devour (light gray) would also be an excellent background. Check out http://subtlepatterns.com/ for some awesome patterns and try a few out to see what works best.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I've also made another version, this one is red. I've updated some things aswell.
I can code with you, but you need to be contactable by MSN or GTalk. If you are interested then drop me a PM Smile
(2012-04-09, 09:02 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]I can code with you, but you need to be contactable by MSN or GTalk. If you are interested then drop me a PM Smile

I've PMed you.