MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sign up for events on calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I run a guild website for Rift. We have weekly raids (events where group members get together to beat tougher bosses). Is there a mod out there that allows users to sign up for events that are posted on the calendar? I would like to be able to post a raid on the calendar and then have people sign up if they are available.
Maybe this?

http://mods.mybb.com/view/event-thread

It creates a thread when you create an event so you could get users to reply to the thread to sign up
Thank you. I did see this and if I cannot find what I am looking for will probably go with it - The issue I see with that is I would have to create a different forum ID for every raid (and we do about 6 raids a week) - and then people would comment on the forums etc which means I would have to wade through the comments as well as sign ons. Workable, but not clean.

What I really would like to see is like an RSVP for an event and the names of the person who RSVP to show up on the calendar
Hmmm there was also a mod for the signup sheet in 1.4. You might be able to edit it to get that to work in 1.6,5+

I am not sure if you need to make a new forum everytime for that threads on calendar mod. I would think ONE events forum - one thread per raid.

You could combine that with XThreads and have a very fancy setup indeed.

In fact - I just tried it on my testboard. Sign up sheet sort of works.
I havent used Xthreads. Will give me something to look at over Easter weekend Smile

Thanks for giving me some direction!
I sent you a PM so you can see the basic sheet.
Thanks again!! This is perfect.
This is a nice one. Exactly what Im looking.
Hello!

Can anyone tell me how to sort the attentees by ID oder timestamp instead of their name? (talking about event signup sheet).

BR