MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb_posts has crashed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So today I decided on a whim that it'd be a good idea to make a backup of my forums. I went to the admin cp and specified to download all the tables in a .gz. Unfortunately, the download never started (it just kept on loading forever) so I just canceled it.

It seemed like this failed attempt at downloading a backup of the forums has caused an error in the database, since as soon as I tried to access a forum after that, I get this message:

[Image: hsQeU.png]

I tried running

REPAIR TABLE `mybb_posts`;

in phpMyadmin but I always got a "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" message... I also tried to repair the tables through the Tables Check in the Admin CP but that didn't work either.

Now my forums are telling me that I have closed the boards when I haven't done any such thing.

So basically my forums have stopped working after I, ironically, tried to run a backup. Sad

Does anyone know how to fix this error?
How large is the mybb_posts table? If you're getting a lost connection message from phpmyadmin whilst trying to repair it, it may be a good idea to talk to your host and see if they could repair it for you.
If the repair query is failing, you should contact your host and notify them. They'll probably have to tweak their my.cnf a bit.