MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not all new posts showing up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
URL and test account?
Should I send that directly to you?

Also, when I disabled the plugins, the board stopped sending email. It didn't start up again when I turned them back on. We use a Gmail address. It is configured like this:
Mail handler: SMTP
SMTP hostname: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 465 (also tried 587 just now)
SMTP username: our Gmail address
SMTP password: our Gmail password
SMTP Encryption Mode: SSL

The errors it gives are
Quote:The SMTP server rejected the supplied login username and password. Reason: 535 Incorrect authentication data
Quote:MyBB was unable to authenticate you against the SMTP server
Quote:The mail server does not understand the RCPT TO command. Reason: 550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. (smtp.gmail.com) 550-[184.154.58.130]:52457 is not permitted to relay through this server 550 without authentication.
Quote:The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command. Reason: 503 sender already given
You can post a test account in this thread or post your Admin, FTP and cPanel login details in Private Inquiries if you want a staff member to take a look for you.
I posted my info in the Private Inquiries.

Can anyone help with my mail problem? Do I have something obviously set wrong there?

Thank you so much for your patience with my questions!
Any more ideas? I still can't get email to work. The emails stopped when I disabled the plugins, and didn't start up again when I turned plugins back on.

Oh! I finally saw the new posts problem, when I signed in with another--not admin--account. There were new posts, but they didn't show up on the list.
The New Posts still are not always working. There are new posts, but they are not showing up on the new posts page.

(I did get the email working.)
Pages: 1 2