MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forgot email address to reset admin password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I reset the password to "test" in myphpadmin, but I can't remember my administrator username or the email address I used to create the account. I cannot access the ACP. None of the email address I can think of, works. I may have mispelled it when I created the account. How do I find out what the email address is, or how do I found out what my administrator username is? Thank you.
Assuming you have access to your server, run this SQL query:

SELECT `username` FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `uid` = '1';

Replace 1 with your uid if it's something other than 1. It will then return the username of the user in the form of a table.
Login to Cpanel (hosting control panel) > Database Management > phpmyadmin > select your forum's database > then select "users" table > and see the email and username of UID # 1
Thank you.
(2012-04-06, 08:30 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you have access to your server, run this SQL query:

Replace 1 with your uid if it's something other than 1. It will then return the username of the user in the form of a table.

Would this also helps if I know the username? The UID of my Admin user is 1.

This refers to: http://community.mybb.com/thread-141471....t=admin-cp

What does this command do?
(2013-06-24, 07:24 AM)Rainer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-06, 08:30 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you have access to your server, run this SQL query:

Would this also helps if I know the username? The UID of my Admin user is 1.

This refers to: http://community.mybb.com/thread-141471....t=admin-cp

What does this command do?

It will show you all the variable values of the admin account. Like I showed you in the attachment here, so here you can change the respective desired values according to your problem by editing those email values. (Example: changing the admin email, user name etc)