MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to I edit the AdminCP login screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wan't to modify the AdminCP login screen, which file do I modify? I've tried ./admin/index.php and ./admin/global.php.
Neither work, I'm trying to get rid of the 'Powered by Mybboard..' stuff.
Your not allowed to get rid of Powered by MyBBoard, if you have done so on your index page of your forum you are breaking the license, please put it back.
that's the index page. I think he's talking about the admin login screen, which no one but him is supposed to see anyway! Shouldn't he have the option to get rid of it there??
That would still be an problem I think, since he wants to get rid of it on the login page. I assume.
Although if you wanna change so that it doesn't show the version number you can do this -> http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...9#pid63799
However, there have been alot of posts about people removing the Powered by part. And they don't like that.
You should be able to remove the version number, but as far as I know, you are not allowed to remove the full "Powered by Mybboard..".
judel Wrote:I think he's talking about the admin login screen, which no one but him is supposed to see anyway! Shouldn't he have the option to get rid of it there??
Nope.. You can't, just becuase you're the only one viewing the acp login screen doesn't mean you may remove the Copyright and/or Powered by...Wink
I don't see the problem when removing the copyright mark from the admin cp (login screen). If you have a customized directory nobody except the admin himself will ever see it..
destroyer Wrote:I don't see the problem when removing the copyright mark from the admin cp (login screen). If you have a customized directory nobody except the admin himself will ever see it..
In that case (no one besides him seeing it), there is no point in removing the copyright either, is there?
You're right. Toungue

Maybe he can give a good reason to get permission to remove it.
destroyer Wrote:You're right. Toungue

Maybe he can give a good reason to get permission to remove it.
I see no reason to remove the copyright on any of MyBB's page. Even when the copyright is not there, everyone can still figure out it is MyBB by just checking features, file names (showthread.php etc.) and other MyBB characteristics.

The point here is there is no need to hide the fact that you are running MyBB. What is important is that you upgrade to the latest release - so there will not be any vulnerabilities in your MyBB copy - and change the path of your admin directory, so hackers cannot find it.
my question would be...am I allowed to remove the copyright from the forum-templates if I include it on our website-template....so it would be shown on every page regardless of whether you're in the forums or not.

So basically something like Powered by MyBB and Coppermine or something to that effect...
Pages: 1 2