MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reputation System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a user abusing the reputation system. He actually gave me, the administrator, bad reputation. It's not abuse because I'm an administrator, it's abuse because the post he gave bad reputation on, has nothing to do with anyone personally, and the outcome of an event apparently upset him.
Soo. What do you want to do? Disable his abilitys to give reps?

Create a new usergroup in the ACP, make sure that "Can Give Reputations to Users" is set to no. Then after you create the usergroup, move the problmatic user into that group.. Smile
No, I want to know which user gave the bad reputation. I need to find who, before I can do anything.
Christian Wrote:Soo. What do you want to do? Disable his abilitys to give reps?

Create a new usergroup in the ACP, make sure that "Can Give Reputations to Users" is set to no. Then after you create the usergroup, move the problmatic user into that group.. Smile
A bit too much MyBB 1.2 for you? Wink

Clutch Wrote:No, I want to know which user gave the bad reputation. I need to find who, before I can do anything.

You'll need to dig in phpMyAdmin in the mybb_reputation table. Try this SQL code:
SELECT * FROM mybb_reputation WHERE uid=1
You need to replace the "1" with your user ID if it is different, and the mybb_ with your table prefix if it is different.

You'll be presented with a list of your reputation, and just find the row with the negative reputation and you'll see the user ID in the "adduid" column.
That worked, and I've found who the punk is.

I appreciate it, all that helped.
DennisTT Wrote:

Indeed! The new rep system tells you who gave you the rep.. It has been sometime since I've used the old one. Big Grin
Christian Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:

Indeed! The new rep system tells you who gave you the rep.. It has been sometime since I've used the old one. Big Grin

It tells you through the database, not the board. It would be nice to see it through the board. Like, a small "reputation notepad" or something, that logs everytime someone gives or takes away reputation. It would show in the ACP or something.
1.2 has totally rewritten reputation system, you will be able to see who posted what.