MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error reporting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read the support forums every day and try to give support wherever i can. One thing that i have noticed is that a lot of the SQL Errors that are Host based still tell the individual thay MYBB has failed when in a lot of cases it is blatantly a host issue?

Now i don't know if this is possible but would it not be prudent to point the users to there hosts rather than the MYBB site for these errors? (saving them time and the support staff)

just a thought?
SQL issues are of MySQL.
How is MyBb responsible for this?
Because of the vast amount of SQL error codes, it's impossible to categorize which are an issue of the host and which are an issue of the script.

There's hundreds of MySQL error codes. At least when the user asks what the issue is, we can tell them if it's an issue with the host or not.
(2012-04-07, 09:02 AM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]SQL issues are of MySQL.

Lack of validation, badly structured queries, buggy plugins, etc...
fair point and truthfully i though that would be your answer. just thought i would ask lol

(2012-04-07, 09:02 AM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]SQL issues are of MySQL.

i was not saying that MYBB was at fault for the SQL errors i was saying that MYBB itself reported it as a MYBB error.

Nathan knew exactly what i meant so the point is now closed lol