MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fickle Threads!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot replicate this issue but my members are having it happen all the time. Maybe it's a Windows thing (i'm on a mac), but I can't see how. It seems to happen only to windows users on my site.

Anyway, sometimes when someone posts in a thread and their post happens to be the one that "turns the page" to increase pages, the post hangs in "limbo" until someone posts another reply and forces it to show.

They claim it happens all the time but it seems to be happening to one thread in particular. That one has over 300 pages to it.

They blueberry and complain constantly about this.
Has this happened to anyone else?
How can I fix this?
This happens on big pages, I've seen it on Hf. There's no particular fix for this though.
This is a known problem with the counters. There's no currently known fix as it's an extremely hard issue to track down the cause of.
What's really puzzling is I cannot replicate this at all.

Is there any possibility that it could be specific to Windows users?
Has anyone with an Apple product reported having the same issue?

I know it's probably a NO on that but I just can't see why I have never been able to replicate this when others have it happen constantly.
No, it can't be caused by the users seeing as the pagination is created server side.
I believe if you use the Rebuild Thread Counters Tool it will fix it temporarily.