MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Syntax Error Users cant login or register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My users cant register or login please help

Here is the error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '}' in /home/vendor/public_html/member.php(769) : eval()'d code on line 123

Here are lines 110 to 137
Code:
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
<br />
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong><label for="language">{$lang->lang_select}</label></strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->lang_select_desc}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><select name="language" id="language"><option value="">{$lang->lang_select_Dark Ice}</option><option value="">-----------</option>{$langoptions}</select></td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
<div align="center">
<input type="hidden" name="step" value="registration" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_register" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="regsubmit" value="{$lang->submit_registration}" />
</div>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
[/code]
This is the template code
When does this error show up? When a user tries registering / logging in?

Did you try it with the default mybb theme?
Have you modified any of the registration templates? Try reverting them to their originals.
It's the member_register template that has a problem; it's not line 123 of the file, it's line 123 in the template.

Tip for any error that has "eval()'d code" in it:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '}' in /home/vendor/public_html/member.php(769) : eval()'d code on line 123

This is wrong on this line of whatever template is called on this line of this file.

Most probable cause of the error here is where there's a variable like {$variable} or {$variable['something']} the } that is on the end here is missing.
Okay here is the member_register part of my code

Lines 110 to 137

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
<br />
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong><label for="language">{$lang->lang_select}</label></strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->lang_select_desc}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><select name="language" id="language"><option value="">{$lang->lang_select_Dark Ice}</option><option value="">-----------</option>{$langoptions}</select></td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
<div align="center">
<input type="hidden" name="step" value="registration" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_register" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="regsubmit" value="{$lang->submit_registration}" />
</div>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--

I cant even change the template it says A potential security issue was encountered when i click save

I get the same problem when switching to any theme
{$lang->lang_select_Dark Ice}

That's the culprit. Do you know where that variable comes from? It's not a default language variable...
(2012-04-08, 06:51 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
{$lang->lang_select_Dark Ice}

That's the culprit. Do you know where that variable comes from? It's not a default language variable...

I'm sorry i do not understand, Im a noob with this. What does that mean? And what do i have to edit to fix it?
Assuming you haven't changed it to {$lang->lang_select_Dark Ice} intentionally, change {$lang->lang_select_Dark Ice} to {$lang->lang_select_default} as that's what it is by default.
Thanks alot for the support guys even though im not good with this you guys explained this well.

Lol you guys just saved my forum thanks again this can be closed
I saw that space. But you guys beat me to it.

By the way, thanks for that description you gave for that error. It will be helpful for me in the future.