MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts keep disappearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, posts on my forum keep disappearing. The site updates and then rolls back the posts a few hours. This is happening ever since I shifted the forum to a new host. What could be the solution to such a problem?
Isn't something MyBB would do by default so I'd start with the host seeing as you said it only started when you moved to them. Ask them if they have anything set up that is doing this.
What kind of problem should I be looking for? I know the software is not at fault here.
We have no way of knowing what might have been set up, but it sounds like there's something set up to do something to the database at set times and maybe import a backup at intervals. Either way it's not really something we can offer much advice on because it's not something we have any access to in order to investigate.
I will ask my host whether they have any mechanism in place which resets the MySql databases or backs them up automatically. That would the logical place to look for the problem right?
That's because of host change, it takes more than 24 hours for Dns to change, as you shifted the host and nameservers.
It didn't change from the domain, so whatever you posted was posted on your old host.
(2012-04-08, 03:41 PM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]That's because of host change, it takes more than 24 hours for Dns to change, as you shifted the host and nameservers.
It didn't change from the domain, so whatever you posted was posted on your old host.

That makes sense. I actually suspected that might have occurred. I'll use a different domain later to recover the posts which were lost if its possible.
Still, I'll see if the problem subsides after the 24 hours.
If it happens for you, and has happened more than once, it won't be that because the DNS will only update once, you won't keep switching between the old and new sites.