MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What are your warning settings ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just curious which warning types ( and points they give ) and what warning levels people have set on their forums.

I'm trying to think of some myself but I'm not sure what.
Currently have Spam = 25%
Advertisement = 20%
Offensive language = 15 % and thread hijacking / offtopic is 5%

No warning levels on them except 100 = ban permanent

I hope you'll share and give me some inspiration Smile
I try to avoid banning members permanently unless they try to sell Ccs.
What are Ccs ?
Credit cards Smile
I don't use warnings on any forums of mine. I find them to be cold and insensitive, and they tend to only increase problems between staff and users.

A simple, cordial private message will usually solve any issue and will generally lead to better overall relations. If the user is doing/posting something illegal, then they get banned permanently. If they continually defy orders to stop misbehaving, they get banned temporarily. Nice and simple.

If anything, the warning system should be used as a private, staff only centralized database of user infractions - just to make moderation easier (especially on larger, multistaff forums). In this type of system, the warning system is hidden from users and never mentioned publicly. As far as I know these forums are doing that.
(2012-04-08, 07:29 PM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]I try to avoid banning members permanently unless they try to sell Ccs.
Usually all cc sellers are bots.
I disable it whenever I run a site. If someone breaks the rules, they get banned, unless it's a warn-able offense, then they get warned, then banned if they choose to repeat the offense. Keeps the administration easier. Wink
I hate banning and warnings unless in some special circumstances.
(2012-04-09, 05:08 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-08, 07:29 PM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]I try to avoid banning members permanently unless they try to sell Ccs.
Usually all cc sellers are bots.

I know, when my site was new that time I had problems.
After customized registration system and some plugins I never got problems of Cc sellers.
But there are some people too, who don't know rule and try to tell Ccs.

But at PokemonTalk.net I didn't ban anyone still, I would warn users if they use foul language and flame each other.
Based on a 10 point scale.
[Image: O7lLc.png]
Pages: 1 2