MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Captcha driving users away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the anti spam code image thing was so complex i had people complain to me that it sucked and they refused to use my forum. So now I am potentially vulnerable to spam with it off.
Yup, an automated bot script could sign up easily.

I dont understand why they have to make the damn images so hard to read myself.
There has been alot of changes to the CAPTCHA code in 1.2, I think it's more userfriendly readable now.
MrDoom Wrote:I dont understand why they have to make the damn images so hard to read myself.
Because some bots are so advanced that they've been able to read certain CAPTCHAs hardly without error.
Belloman Wrote:
MrDoom Wrote:I dont understand why they have to make the damn images so hard to read myself.
Because some bots are so advanced that they've been able to read certain CAPTCHAs hardly without error.
Well in that case you'd think they'd be able to make OCR on scanners work a hell of a lot better.
turpentine Wrote:the anti spam code image thing was so complex i had people complain to me that it sucked and they refused to use my forum. So now I am potentially vulnerable to spam with it off.
You'll be glad to hear the CAPTCHA are much easier to read in MyBB 1.2.

For your current problem, there is nothing we can really do. If you disable our antispam measures you will be vulnerable to spam. However, I understand you have not been attacked by spammers yet, so for the time being I wouldn't worry about it too much.