MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have recently began receiving this error on my board:

[Image: XMeU5hoHlo.png]

My forum link: http://uzigaming.net/

It was working perfectly fine, then when I came back online a couple of hours later I then noticed it.

As you can see, whenever you refresh the page, a new page URL will be shown in the 'Query' part of the error. It also mentions 'mybb_sessions', but I don't know what I need to remove/edit/add within there.

I have went into my cPanel and imported a backup home directory, and I have imported a backup database, but still no luck.

It says "Blur's Mother", and one of my users changed his username to that as a joke, not sure if that's got anything to do with the error occurring, but it's somehow showing in the above error message.

Any help would be appreciate. Thanks.
I believe the error is caused by the apostrophe. If you remove the apostrophe in the member's name, it should work. You'd have to go to mybb_users and change the name to not have the apostrophe as well.
What plugins do you have? All input should be cleaned.
(2012-04-09, 06:56 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the error is caused by the apostrophe. If you remove the apostrophe in the member's name, it should work. You'd have to go to mybb_users and change the name to not have the apostrophe as well.

For some strange reason, "Blur's Mother" cannot be found within the mybb_users. Undecided

(2012-04-09, 06:59 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]What plugins do you have? All input should be cleaned.

How do I clean all input? I haven't had a problem with my plugins up until this point.

And should I send you a list of all my plugins or post them on this thread? Thanks Paul.
Post the plugins you are listing in this thread.
Sorry guys, seems I was a little bit stupid. I searched "Blur's Mother" in the 'uid' field instead of the 'Username' field.

I really appreciate the help from both, Paul H, and dragonexpect. Much appreciated, and I'll mark this thread as solved. Smile
So you just got thus when loading the page? Removing the apostrophe may fix it but that should not be necessary, it shouldn't even be trying to use the username there at all. Can you list your plugins anyway?