MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm missing that extra "pizazz"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like the way my theme looks but, I feel like I'm missing one more piece to completing it.

[Image: fd6589ad9da42505c2c2f37be51491a5.png?1334011834]

What do you guys think?
I feel it needs a new logo and some custom icons. Something needs to be done about the background, grey and blank doesn't feel suitable for this design.
Get rid of the space between the thead and the tcat.
Try giving the text in the thead a little bit of an inset look:
.thead { text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 #840; }

Play with the color code at the end to suit. Darker=looks more inset.

Also, the logo looks completely disconnected from the rest of the page.

Finally, for the grey background, try one of these. One of the first ones I came across that might fit is this one.
(2012-04-10, 05:45 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Try giving the text in the thead a little bit of an inset look:
.thead { text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 #840; }

Play with the color code at the end to suit. Darker=looks more inset.

Also, the logo looks completely disconnected from the rest of the page.

Finally, for the grey background, try one of these. One of the first ones I came across that might fit is this one.

Dude, thanks a ton for the patterns link. I really needed a site like this. I'm trying a series of BGs now. Thanks.

EDIT:

[Image: 8a683ad0679e1ba86dc6dcfd20e3626c.png?1334118828]
use a:

#container {
box-shadow: 0 0 5px #000000;
}

Also, make the border-radius smaller, it's rounded a little bit too much.
You might also consider giving the thead rounded corners, and don't forget to change the color of the menu links. The same orange as the normal links should be fine.

Also, I found out about that site this week, and was like "where was this site a year ago when I still made themes?!"