MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Tutorial) How to block ips from viewing your mybb forum via .htaccess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a nice little trick to if you want to block out people ips from your site 1 by 1 or not

I have seen many post asking how just and I wanted to share in detail/with pics how so their is no more confusion

Ok so step one

Open your ftp browser like filezilla or whatever you use

[Image: 20120410003158.png]

Ok now once you are logged in please look for the file called ".htaccess"

[Image: 20120410003305.png]

Once you find it

Put it like on your desktop

[Image: 20120410003422.png]

Now left click-open as-and use notepad

[Image: 20120410003514.png]

Ok so now on mine the first couple of lines look like this

[Image: 20120410003548.png]

Now look at the code I am about to put here as it is what you will be using also to block a persons ip
put it in the general same area

[Image: 20120410003658.png]

Here is the code here

Quote:order allow,deny
deny from Put ip here
allow from all

Now watch

[Image: 20120410003843.png]

[Image: 20120410003901.png]

[Image: 20120410003921.png]

Now see in the pics the dummy ip to show this tutorial and how it is working etcetera now watch

[Image: 20120410004006.png]

[Image: 20120410004018.png]

Now move the file back on the root of your site and overwrite the old one (ALWAYS KEEP A BACKUP OF THE OLD ONE)

Now once I upload that file and refresh the page I get this

[Image: 20120410004141.png]

Well I hope that this could help you because I have seen a few confused people
may make a plugin soon that can do it I am not sure
but for now updating the .htaccess is the most security and effective way to do it

hope it helped!!!

Also this was all just made and done by me pics taken and all of you where wondering!!
buts what wrong if IPS guys view our forums,its good that we get some traffic.
Umm this is for like if someone spammed you or you know you do not want someone o their
I am sorry but your question was dumb
This is most used if you want to block some country for some reason. Like some web masters done. Looking at you labrocca.

You can go to this site:

http://www.countryipblocks.net/

And then add IP's in country which you choosed and then they can't access to your forums. It's smart move if you geting hacked from some hackers who post they country flags etc etc, then you ban their country and no more problems.
Still blocking countries that is a huge move and could make someone loose a LOT of people
(2012-04-10, 05:17 PM)TheNiceUb3r Wrote: [ -> ]Still blocking countries that is a huge move and could make someone loose a LOT of people

It depends. If you have forum on your country language what then you lose if you block some other country?
Or if you have international forum, one country is nothing.
Yes true I get what you are saying but I do hope what I posted helps some people whom just do not get it!!!
(2012-04-10, 06:16 PM)TheNiceUb3r Wrote: [ -> ]Yes true I get what you are saying but I do hope what I posted helps some people whom just do not get it!!!

I know Toungue i tryed to explain Yoshi Oak for what he can use this, and to others who don't understand Smile
Yeah I know...