MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook Integration: Receive Notification to New Replies via Facebook?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apps can push you notifications (I don't really use apps but I do see some notifications like "Your friend has requested you add your birthday to their calendar") and Facebook's API means you can easily connect MyBB and Facebook, so I don't see why this isn't possible.

I won't do it though, sorry.
(2012-04-26, 01:14 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]Apps can push you notifications (I don't really use apps but I do see some notifications like "Your friend has requested you add your birthday to their calendar") and Facebook's API means you can easily connect MyBB and Facebook, so I don't see why this isn't possible.

I won't do it though, sorry.

Ah I see... is it really complicated?
Not at all (for someone who understands the API (luckily Facebook has SO much documentation for it)) but it just takes some time.

It might be better to use a plugin that posts to Facebook from MyBB (a few exist) so for each new thread -> a new post to a Facebook page. Not sure about new replies though.
Ah, I saw the mentioned plugin too. But I think that could clutter the Facebook page, and doesn't necessarily draw people to the forum board.. as they could discuss the topic within the Facebook page instead.

I see that the development might take some time. However if you somehow decided to develop it, I will be really, really grateful. Smile Because, at least I think, this kind of feature could ease the user network. At least could draw more users to be active in MyBB forum board; the most impactful feature Facebook have is their notification: it really reminds the user where and what they posted, and unlike email it doesn't clutter since it will delete itself if exceeds the amount. If the development would cost some price, I am willing to pay too. Smile
Well I'm currently developing a notifications system for MyBB that might be useful to you. I plan on releasing it in a couple of weeks while I iron it out.
(2012-04-18, 07:34 PM)Deathlock Wrote: [ -> ]I see... I wish I had the necessary coding skill. :/ Tried to figure it out, but failed ultimately. If anyone could make it as a plugin (free or priced doesn't matter), it would be really really helpful.

Why don't you try phpBB?
It has free module for facebook integration. Not the notification one but login, register, comments, walls, activities, like box, likes etc.
I love myBB too, but as it lacks facebook connect module (atleast not free) that works i moved to phpBB. Will return to MyBB when any such modules turns up. By the way phpBB3 is responsive!
i remember once my site got hack threw a a facebook pluging, never again.
Pages: 1 2