MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error installing database connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
mybb version 1.6.7.
myslq server 5.5
running on windows server 2008
on my home network.

the problem I'm having is all extensions for mysql are in the php.ini file and setup correctly as far as I'm aware, i did a test with phpmyadmin behind my site and its saying mysqli extension is missing which from what I've looked at no it isn't but when trying to install mybb i get this error

Error
The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:

MyBB requires one or more suitable database extensions to be installed. Your server reported that none were available.

any help would be much appreciated I'm well and truly stuck.
Did you create database?
(2012-04-10, 12:09 PM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]Did you create database?

hmmm, no i haven't as of yet, I've only been teaching myself all of this a few weeks now, phph my and mysql, so i would normally use phpmyadmin to create a database, which due to the mysqli error i can't
Do you know we need to create a MySql database for forum?
Do that first.

Then goto install.php
and follow the steps.
(2012-04-10, 12:20 PM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know we need to create a MySql database for forum?
Do that first.

Then goto install.php
and follow the steps.

sorry to sound so dumb but how can i do that as the only way i know of is using phpmyadmin
There are many tutorials on installing MyBB please read them and follow.
(2012-04-10, 12:25 PM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]There are many tutorials on installing MyBB please read them and follow.

i have done, and i still get this database error. i am only asking this as a last resort, not to be a general pain.
Could you put the following in a file name test.php then access it via your web browser:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

This will output information about your PHP install. Check if there's a section that mentions mysql at all.
all i got was this, nothing else included about mysql

mysqlnd

mysqlnd enabled
Version mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224 - $Revision: 310735 $
Compression supported
SSL supported
Command buffer size 4096
Read buffer size 32768
Read timeout 31536000
Collecting statistics Yes
Collecting memory statistics No
Tracing n/a
When you installed PHP, I assume you installed the MySQL extension? Because you should certainly have more than that relating to MySQL in your PHPInfo. Try following this guide: http://www.ultraedit.com/support/tutoria...nment.html
Pages: 1 2