MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Sticky" threads to portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to be able to selectively "Sticky" threads to the portal similar to how you would in each individual forum. However I don't want all sticky threads in the forum to appear in the portal, just the ones I select. Is there a way to do this?
Figured this one out on my own. I set it to pull only from forum 2 and then edited the portal.php under announcement by putting "AND t.sticky='1' " in line 462 (db query). This way only threads that are stickied in forum 2 will show up in my portal, which is what I wanted... basically.
Nice, thanks for sharing.
Yeah, now I'm just trying to figure out how to reverse the order. I want oldest thread first

Got it... Just below on line 463 changed DESC to ASC
I think it makes more sense that it's the newest. Otherwise you're just making users scroll to read the latest things.
Normally I would agree but what I'm making stick to the portal is upcoming events. Thread date is actually not the correct way to sort it. Really all thread titles are appended with a date in the format of (xx-xx-xx) and that is what I would want to sort by but I don't know how to do that yet.