MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to enable instant email notification for all users ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

How to enable instant email notification for all users and keep it on by default for all users and new signups ?

Thanks.
Find the below codes in "member_register" template:

<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
<option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option> 

Replace it with:

<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
<option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option> 

To force default email subscription for existing users, run this SQL query

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `subscriptionmethod`= '2';

Edit:

And take a look here for more informations:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-97785.html
Thanks!
do this and you irritate many of your users and possibly violate anti-spam laws in your country. opt-in means opt-in, not forced-in
(2012-04-10, 07:08 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]do this and you irritate many of your users and possibly violate anti-spam laws in your country. opt-in means opt-in, not forced-in

Hi,

I am just forcing it on registration and user can change it in usercp anytime.

Thanks.
After I used this, it seems no matter what setting the user change to, they will get emails upon any reply in a thread they have posted in. Is it a bug?
(2012-04-10, 07:08 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]do this and you irritate many of your users and possibly violate anti-spam laws in your country. opt-in means opt-in, not forced-in

hmmm does this apply ? when I have mentioned this in the past it appears that the site is regulated via its country of origin (as you state) The country of origin of my site is different to the host of my website so should we follow the laws of the site origin or host origin ?
I follow the laws in my country rather than that of my host (which may be different) to comply as best as I can with laws that apply to my locale
and to be fair I agree with you
(2012-04-27, 02:51 PM)Ram8349 Wrote: [ -> ]After I used this, it seems no matter what setting the user change to, they will get emails upon any reply in a thread they have posted in. Is it a bug?

I thought that's what you wanted??
(2012-04-27, 10:17 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-27, 02:51 PM)Ram8349 Wrote: [ -> ]After I used this, it seems no matter what setting the user change to, they will get emails upon any reply in a thread they have posted in. Is it a bug?

I thought that's what you wanted??

Actually nope. Sad

I would like the default setting for newly registered user to be "Instant Email", but I don't want it to be forced "Instant email" after they change it to something else.
The MyBB default subscribe setting is "No subscribe", which is not good. It makes it hard for people to follow the threads they have participated in. I want at least make it "No email notification" as default setting upon registration, so at least they subscribe to every thread they posted in. But "Instant email" is definitely the best if I want more frequent revisit from signed up members. They still should have the ability to disable email notification if they don't like it.