MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alternative MyBB URL Rewrite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I want to ask, is it possible to have an alternative MyBB URL Rewrite? I want it to display the URL in IP.Board/Invision Power Board style, something like site.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1 (for thread), site.com/forum/index.php?showforum=1 (for forum), site.com/forum/index.php?act=Members (for member list), etc...

The reason of doing this is I'm migrating from Invision Power Board. But since the forum has been there for quite some time (2005), and the links to it has been posted in a lot of places, I'm afraid when I migrated to MyBB, the potential user who found the links to my forum will get error page instead to the actual page (because MyBB's url is more similar to vBulletin rather than IPBoard). So I think I need to retain the IPBoard-style URL.

So... is there any help? Or is there any other way around to prevent broken links? Thanks in advance Smile
There's no standard way to have URLs such as the ones you mentioned. You could redirect the URLs using htaccess, so long as the thread and user IDs are maintained in the merge (IIRC, they're not). The best person to answer this would probably be Dylan, but he's away for a while unfortunately.
It's possible to redirect the old thread URL's to the new MyBB ones but you'll need to make a few edits to the merge system first and use PHP to make the redirect. I'm on my phone so can't be much more help at the moment. I know the same thing has been done wirth phpBB so you could try searching for that.
Okay, so it is possible with either htaccess or the merge system. Could you show me the way to do it? Smile Since I'm quite new to MyBB I don't know anything much.

Sorry if my English sounds weird, since I'm not a native speaker and is not quite proficient with it.