MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Odd Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-04-11, 03:37 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Now, that is definitely extremely odd. The online information is taken from the sessions table so if there isn't a record relating to his UID in there, he shouldn't show as being online at all. Did you definitely delete the right record?
see previous post from me
a new row has been created with the following data
sid=734ad26ac3bb414be728f1d2be2f5edd
uid=2372
time=1334000870
ip address has changed from the previous record
ua=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
location=/forum/showthread.php?tid=61
location1 =68
location2 =61

it make you wonder if this is some form of bot but the user has posted threads and replied to them on topic and no other signs that this is a bot or spammer
It is an odd issue. I really don't think he's a bot if he's posting on topic and stuff, so I have no idea what could be wrong. Maybe somebody else will have a better idea of what's going on, but I'm pretty much stumped.
(2012-04-11, 03:54 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]It is an odd issue. I really don't think he's a bot if he's posting on topic and stuff, so I have no idea what could be wrong. Maybe somebody else will have a better idea of what's going on, but I'm pretty much stumped.

if you want to check that you are getting the same error look here the look through the forums for posts and view them post=online profile=offline ... I'm stumped too
Yeah, I see what you mean. He's online according to the postbit, but offline in the who's online and his profile.
(2012-04-11, 04:08 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I see what you mean. He's online according to the postbit, but offline in the who's online and his profile.

try who's been online today that shows the current time as the last visit
Yeah, I saw that too. No idea why this would be happening I'm afraid.
(2012-04-11, 04:22 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I saw that too. No idea why this would be happening I'm afraid.
Report this as a bug perhaps ?
Perhaps. I'd wait and see if anybody else has experienced this though as they may know a fix that I've not heard of.
(2012-04-11, 04:36 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps. I'd wait and see if anybody else has experienced this though as they may know a fix that I've not heard of.

I'll do that then ... but I have just watched the site for the last few hours.. the user logs out every 30 mins then logs in 10 to 20 seconds later are we sure that this activity could not be controlled from a remote user/site ?
If he's doing that, there's definitely something suspicious going on. I'd definitely watch the user as he may well be a bot or spammer. It's hard to say that for sure, but keep an eye on him.
Pages: 1 2 3