MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Odd Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is difficult to explain but I'll give it a good shot Exclamation

I have a user that displays as 'off line' when you access online.php but when you access online.php?action=today the said user shows up as having accessed the site at the time online.php?action=today was called.

if you access the users profile, the profile returns 'off line' but if you read a post from the user he appears on line
I have cleared the cache in all browsers and reset all the mybb cache's what could cause this ?
He basically hided himself from who's online list. User Control Panel > Edit Options > Privacy > and he ticked "Hide me from the Who's Online list." checkbox.

On ticking this checkbox, he became offline. Now make sure you've ticked the following option in AdminCP > Users and groups > groups > Your usergroup > under "Miscellaneous" tab > Can view invisible users? <-- tick this checkbox. On ticking this, you can view these "invisible" users.
(2012-04-10, 08:12 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]He basically hided himself from who's online list. User Control Panel > Edit Options > Privacy > and he ticked "Hide me from the Who's Online list." checkbox.

On ticking this checkbox, he became offline. Now make sure you've ticked the following option in AdminCP > Users and groups > groups > Your usergroup > under "Miscellaneous" tab > Can view invisible users? <-- tick this checkbox. On ticking this, you can view these "invisible" users.

Not quite,
the "Hide me from the Who's Online list." checkbox is unticked on his profile.

I cleared my cache again and now when calling online.php the user displays online at the time online.php was called and the same is true when online.php?action=today is called however if you call member.php?action=profile&uid=xxx the user shows as offline. this problem effects one user only could it be a problem with his system which appears to be windows 7 & firefox
The problem isn't anything to do with his system at all. Could you check your sessions table (mybb_sessions in phpmyadmin) and see if he's listed in it as being online?
(2012-04-11, 03:02 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The problem isn't anything to do with his system at all. Could you check your sessions table (mybb_sessions in phpmyadmin) and see if he's listed in it as being online?

The results are :-
sid=019132c7c99ca7189fa3d423f0eacd2c
uid=2372
time=1333746000
location=/forum/portal.php? (with the ?)
Ua=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
the ip field has an address in it
all other fields are 0
Right, so he apparently has an active session. I have no idea why on earth it would say he's online in some locations and not in others. The same query is used in the member profile and who's online pages.
(2012-04-11, 03:18 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Right, so he apparently has an active session. I have no idea why on earth it would say he's online in some locations and not in others. The same query is used in the member profile and who's online pages.

can I safely remove the record from the session table ? and then ask the user to login again to see if I can reproduce the error or fix the problem
Yeah, it won't hurt to delete the record - it'll simply log the user out.
(2012-04-11, 03:30 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it won't hurt to delete the record - it'll simply log the user out.

Deleted the record, it made no difference at all, but I did clear my cache again which cured the problem for about a minute I'll check the session table to see if a new entry has been logged, another question should I have 207 rows in the session table with 6 people online ?
Now, that is definitely extremely odd. The online information is taken from the sessions table so if there isn't a record relating to his UID in there, he shouldn't show as being online at all. Did you definitely delete the right record?
Pages: 1 2 3