MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: board shows offline for some, but it's not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently switched hosts and disabled my board so I could go through the process of moving the site. some users are reporting that it's giving them the board offline message, but others are not. myself, I do not see this message as the board is no longer disabled. is this a cookie/cache problem on the user's end?
Yes it's cookie/cache problems, not a board problem. Because for several members work and few not. So problem in those users. Tell them to change web browser to see does it fix. If not then they should wait to their country got dns to end to say it like that Smile or they should clear cookie and cache.
It is a DNS cache problem. Not everyone's DNS has switched to the new host yet. It should be resolved within a day.
(2012-04-11, 02:59 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]It is a DNS cache problem. Not everyone's DNS has switched to the new host yet. It should be resolved within a day.

that's what I figured, but oddly enough, I created a new page to send to one of the users experiencing the problem and he was able to view the page I sent to him just fine.