MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OUGC Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
(2019-01-04, 10:22 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Do you recommend any nice badge (awards) pack? Smile

Not really, sorry :p I personally use Pokemon badges so it is not as difficult for me to find them.

(2019-01-04, 04:35 PM)Shalymar Wrote: [ -> ]Question with the new update it work like charm for some reason i woke up today and its all gone example it use to show a tab named awards its not showing anymore also its not showing on posbit

I won't be sure, but sounds like it is deactivated. If it is a bug I will need more information as you said it was working just fine.
Hi Omar,

I've run into a problem where when I create a new category of awards, it duplicates the current awards on my postbit.
e.g: I have a category called "Registration" containing one award in relation to how long they are registered for.
I then create a second category unrelated and call it "Special" for other rewards, but when I activate the second category it duplicates the awards from "Registration" on my postbit.

view image: https://i.imgur.com/lOSvuOQ.jpg
inspect element view: https://i.imgur.com/7YDkJxC.jpg
we have tried disabling our custom css with the award, but this does not change anything with the duplication issue.

look forward to hearing from you, thanks.

edit: upon further inspection, the plugin does not follow the order rules. When one is set to 0 and the other is 1, it will still place the award which is higher on the list behind the other one. Could I PM you a test/admin account for you to inspect templates and anything that might be causing this issue?
Hi Ssdee, I pushed a fix for your issue. You can find it inside the following link. Thanks for your report.
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Awards/issues/43

This will be included in the next official release.
(2019-01-05, 09:12 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ssdee, I pushed a fix for your issue. You can find it inside the following link. Thanks for your report.
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Awards/issues/43

This will be included in the next official release.

Is the issue with the sort order related to this or is that a different matter?
Thanks for the quick fix.
I didn't see your edit. If I understand correctly the award that is suppose to be displayed first is in a category which display order comes after other categories, thus the award is displayed after other awards.

Please read the following issue:
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Awards/issues/22

Award categorization will probably be removed from post bit and profiles next version because awards are displayed "incorrectly". The feature works as I actually expected, but ultimately looks like a weird behavior so I might end up removing it from these areas.
(2019-01-05, 11:59 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't see your edit. If I understand correctly the award that is suppose to be displayed first is in a category which display order comes after other categories, thus the award is displayed after other awards.

Please read the following issue:
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Awards/issues/22

Award categorization will probably be removed from post bit and profiles next version because awards are displayed "incorrectly". The feature works as I actually expected, but ultimately looks like a weird behavior so I might end up removing it from these areas.

Hi again,

The order values just don't seem to actually order the awards. I have the beta tester award at order number 1, and the launch day registration award at order number 2, however the launch is still placed before the beta tester award. 

Is there a way to automate the givings of an award by randomization? Think "x% chance to receive per forum post" or "x% chance to receive per thread post". Would like to pre-prepare for an Easter event where users can collect the easter egg award with a 1% chance to obtain it by replying to threads. If this can be done another way, could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
Quote:however the launch is still placed before the beta tester award.

Are both awards in the same category? Otherwise, it is as I explained in my last post. It is an issue with categorization. You will probably be better off not using categories until next version if it is not working as expected. It is not a bug, I just decided for it to be that way and I'm thinking about changing it.

Categories display order always take priority at this moment.

Quote:Is there a way to automate the givings of an award by randomization?

I suppose a new rule to the task system can be added for it. But I'm unsure if that is really useful for most people. But yes, adding such rule shouldn't be a brain breaker.
(2019-01-06, 05:06 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:however the launch is still placed before the beta tester award.

Are both awards in the same category? Otherwise, it is as I explained in my last post. It is an issue with categorization. You will probably be better off not using categories until next version if it is not working as expected. It is not a bug, I just decided for it to be that way and I'm thinking about changing it.

Categories display order always take priority at this moment.

Quote:Is there a way to automate the givings of an award by randomization?

I suppose a new rule to the task system can be added for it. But I'm unsure if that is really useful for most people. But yes, adding such rule shouldn't be a brain breaker.

Ah my bad, I misread your first point about the categorization. Apologies.
As for the rule that would be amazing if you could add it, I'm pretty new to the development/upbringing of forums so I'm learning as I go too. 

Thanks for all the help.
WIll 1.9 version of awards work on 1.8.19? As in current state 1.8.19 version has some major bugs
(2019-01-06, 05:32 PM)codedude Wrote: [ -> ]WIll 1.9 version of awards work on 1.8.19? As in current state 1.8.19 version has some major bugs

What bugs? Because mainly its been typos, thats it. You're probably not on the latest update if its still buggy for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49