MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migraines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For those who don't know, I'll quote Wikipedia:

Quote:Migraine is a chronic neurological disorder characterized by moderate to severe headaches, and nausea.

The typical migraine headache is unilateral (affecting one half of the head) and pulsating in nature and lasting from two to 72 hours; symptoms include nausea, vomiting, photophobia (increased sensitivity to light) and phonophobia (increased sensitivity to sound); the symptoms are generally aggravated by routine activity.

Anyone from here with this chronic neurological disorder? I can't be the only one here. Please, share in this thread what you usually do when you have a headache. Only medicine and a dark and silent room?
I don't have that disorder. But during headache, i take medicine and sleep. Smile
I am experience worst headache, I had remove implant cause headache worst bad often most terrible bad days I have anxiety cause headache,
I've normal migraines daily. I sleep at around 1:30 AM or 2 in the night and wake up around 9:00 AM. Before I finally wake up at 9, at 7 in the morning I have to take my regular medicines (not for migraine but other thing). At that time, I feel worst headache and I switch on the Air conditioner (only during summer, which is now) and sleep for next 2 hours and finally wake up at 9.

Then I feel a little fresh and after when I do the breakfast immediately, I feel good and the headache is lowered down by then and eventually disappears in about half an hour or so after taking the breakfast.
I occasionally have migraines; thankfully I haven't had one in a while. When it happens, though, I normally curl up in a dark room like a vegetable. I don't sleep; I just lie there and wait for it to go away. I don't have any medicine to take for it, so that doesn't really help.
I have severe issues from last couple of months. :s

If I'm correct Mattrogowski is suffering from this. I can't recall but I had saw from one of his post here.
Edit: Yes: http://community.mybb.com/thread-51444.html
There is simply not much you can do. When this happens which is usually in morning I just take 2 hours of more sleep like I said in last post of mine.
I have the exact same disorder, there is nothing you can do. Just freeze your head (and eyes for me, since they really hurt) and try and sleep while doped up on meds.
I can't sleep much, my usual time for sleep is approx. 5 to 6 hours daily :s
I have migraines since I can remember, it was diagnosed when I was very young. 18 years now with this terrible pain. I know that there's not much I can do, but I'm always hoping for a rare solution.
Pages: 1 2