MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: myBB: it's a game framework, too
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We're developing a game through myBB that's quickly shaping up to be a hybrid point-n-click browser game tightly coupled into a literate roleplay.

[Image: sunminiad.png]

In 3 weeks, we purchased our domain, installed a vanilla myBB, started installing mods, and launched as beta on April 1. Since then, we've started modding our mods and are quickly on our way to developing some heavy-duty and comprehensive mods which we may or may not release to the community.

Wanna encourage us? Reply back! We'd like to hear what you have to say.

Wanna take a look?

Wanna play with us?
Curious what plugins you're using beyond your custom ones.
Looks really amazing. Smile

Keep up.

- * Account Switcher 1.0
- * Forum Affiliates Manager
- * Your Side Bar (0.1)
- Ajax PM Notification
- Classic Author Column
- Fit on Page (2.3)
- Memberships in Profile 1.0
- My Achievements 1.8.1
- Newpoints 1.9.4
- Show the users that has been online today (2.0)
- Template Conditionals (1.5)
- ProStats /proʊˈstæts/ (1.9.4)
- Spoiler BBCode (1.6)
- Thread description (mybb-es) (1.3)
- View Unanswered Posts (1.3)

* Very modified

Heck, we're not even using jquery, though I'm pretty sure that myBB is.
A couple of suggestions;

1) Do not use Ajax PM Notification if you're on shared host.
2) Do not use imageshack as your image hosting site, because if anyone (like me) is not registered under them then they would see your site like this;
http://i.imgur.com/Z8dWD.jpg
Yaldaram, Ajax PM Notification works fine on a shared host. They have CloudLinux which limits each account's resources, and it is just fine. I am only using 25% CPU.
Yaldram : thank you so much for the screenshot. That explains why our advertising campaign has been so ineffective.
Looks interesting.
(2012-04-11, 08:23 PM)xexes255 Wrote: [ -> ]Yaldram : thank you so much for the screenshot. That explains why our advertising campaign has been so ineffective.

Oh, haven't thought that my post is quite useful for you Toungue
(2012-04-11, 03:31 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]Yaldaram, Ajax PM Notification works fine on a shared host. They have CloudLinux which limits each account's resources, and it is just fine. I am only using 25% CPU.

LOL...but you just started. So imagine what happens when your site grows?

He's right in telling you to disable that feature. If you do so now then your members won't complain about losing it later on.
Pages: 1 2