MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing categories appearance/ moderator question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to MyBB, I've got it installed just fine but have a couple basic questions that I have not found the answers to in browsing around.

1) Can I edit the colors/making of individual categories of forums and the forums located within those categories. I've seen the templet feature but feel that editing them is out of the scope of my abilities.

2) Can moderators be assigned to specific categories of forums? ie., they can only ban, edit, delete topics/replies within those categories.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
I couldn't quite grasp what you're trying to say in question one, but question 2 is most definitely possible and is one of the most widely used features imo. To do this go to:

ACP > Forums & Posts > Click "Options" on the forum you wish > Moderators > Change From In There
For the first one, do you mean each forum its own color or all forums one color?

For the second one, make sure you uncheck group is supermoderator if you are putting them in a usergroup. Supermoderator gives them powers across every part of the forum.
Thanks Deliver. As for question No. 1, I meant to say the color and appearance of the category. Let's say I wanted to have a forum for a soccer league. Each soccer team has a different category in the forum and I wanted the headers, background and font colors of each category's forums to be different. Is that possible without editing templates?
You will have to edit templates. I'm pretty sure you'd need a plugin too if you don't want all categories to look one way. I'm not sure if one exists or not.
(2012-04-11, 05:54 PM)dsyates Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Deliver. As for question No. 1, I meant to say the color and appearance of the category. Let's say I wanted to have a forum for a soccer league. Each soccer team has a different category in the forum and I wanted the headers, background and font colors of each category's forums to be different. Is that possible without editing templates?

Yeah it's possible, but it will require an extreme amount of editing if I think you're right.

So, like:

Team 1 - Red BG
Team 2 - Green BG
Team 3 - Yellow BG
Team 4 - Pink BG
etc...

Hmm, the only possible way I can think to do that is adding in separate CSS classes for each individual category. I don't think I could do that myself, and I make MyBB Themes hahaa.
Probably could use
class="{$forum['fid']}"
after thinking about it. You then make the classes yourself.
Thanks for all your tips.