MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

Trying to Merge createmybb to the most recent MyBB software. I've uploaded the merged folder into my forum directory, I use JustHost, and then try to run the install and nothing happens.

My forum is /rcbforums and everything works fine. I just installed MyBB and all is fine and good.

Using /rcbforums/merge simply gives me:
Quote:The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

Am I missing something? Nothing runs. The regular installer runs perfectly under /rcbforums/install

I'm new at this stuff, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
You don't need to use the merge system. if you know what version of MyBB createmybb uses, simply run the upgrade script at /install/upgrade.php.
(2012-04-11, 07:05 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to use the merge system. if you know what version of MyBB createmybb uses, simply run the upgrade script at /install/upgrade.php.

Oh? That would transfer all the topics and members and such over?
It should do if you import the database to phpmyadmin and get MyBB working with it correctly.
(2012-04-11, 10:23 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]It should do if you import the database to phpmyadmin and get MyBB working with it correctly.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Pretend i don't know what you just said...
Do I have to get Create to export a database for me? I believe I read that part somewhere...
Yes, you need to get them to give you a database backup.
(2012-04-11, 10:28 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you need to get them to give you a database backup.

Hopefully that's easy. Thanks.
Appreciated it.
Sorry to bug you again, but apparently its $60 for an export. Is it easy to import the other forum? Will it work? I dont want to pay anything unless it's going to work...

Thanks,
Yes, it will work fine Smile
Do I just uploaded it to my /rcbforum/ directory, this $60 database?
Pages: 1 2