MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 error when creating thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-04-11, 09:43 PM)perun Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I know... my english sucks Smile so here are the screenshots...

As you can see in first screenshot, I inserted 5 paragraph Lorem Ipsum text and selected some random words to be hyperlinks.

[Image: 404-error.jpg]

and after cliking post thread, I am redirected to this page...

[Image: error-404.jpg]

I tried with different browsers (Opera, Chrome, FF) and I asked a few friends of mine to try to post and they are getting the same problem.
try http://www.horologija.com/forum/showthre...d=35#pid35
I just got same error. JimR post more paragraphs.
Trying to figurate what is happening.
(2012-04-11, 09:56 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]try http://www.horologija.com/forum/showthre...d=35#pid35

JimR, try to add two more links to that post and I think that you will get 404 error... or select and copy entire article from this page (http://bit.ly/HB9YlK) and try to paste it in a new thread or new topic.
(2012-04-11, 09:58 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]I just got same error. JimR post more paragraphs.
Trying to figurate what is happening.
I guess this is an issue with word press it is hit and miss if you can add a post/reply perhaps disable the wordpress integration plugin as mybb appears to work fine but maybe hampered by running word press tasks
Yea i thought that, some conflict with wordpress and mybb. Wordpress is making some error, if mybb have error it shows on same page as MyBB not wordpress.
Which wordpress plugins do you have?
Unfortunately, there is no wordpress integration plugin. Wordpress is installed in public_html and mybb in folder "forum". Wordpress have only minify, aksimet and WP Super Cache plugins installed and disabeling those plugins did not solved the problem.
(2012-04-11, 10:28 PM)perun Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, there is no wordpress integration plugin. Wordpress is installed in public_html and mybb in folder "forum". Wordpress have only minify, aksimet and WP Super Cache plugins installed and disabeling those plugins did not solved the problem.

hmm there must be a conflict somewhere as said before if mybb fails it reports the error itself and not by third party software. A 404 error means the server is found but the document the browser tried to retrieve could not be read. As I have never used wordpress I have no idea on how it does housekeeping (perhaps it closes it's folder and those below it when it performs a task) or how it may monitor folders beneath it's current location.
I still can not find any solution for the 404 error. I removed wordpress from public_html root and placed it in the /blog folder and mybb is installed in /forum folder.

Folder permissions are set to 755 and in the public_html root are placed only .htaccess and index.php files.

.htaccess
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

index.php
<?php
/**
 * Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads
 * wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.
 * @package WordPress
 */

/**
 * Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.
 * @var bool
 */
define('WP_USE_THEMES', true);

/** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */
require('./blog/wp-blog-header.php');
?>

When I try to create new thread I am still getting 404 error and when I remove .htaccess and index.php from root and then try to create a new thread, I am getting this message.

[Image: mybb.jpg]
Pages: 1 2