MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Play-Connect - Active Gaming Community - June 2012 Giveaway: Ghost Recon: FS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: logo.png]
Play-Connect Gaming Community

Huh?
- Play-Connect Gaming Community is a fast growing place for all kinds of gamers whether they are on the PS3, Xbox 360, PC, or even handhelds.

Why should I join?
- Join in and discuss about the latest gaming news as well as participate in our monthly free giveaways! Click Here to Register

Stats as of 6/05/2012
Our members have made a total of 14,579 posts in 1,542 threads.

This month's Giveaway

[Image: tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier-f...review.jpg]

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Giveaway

Let us know your opinions on the forum here!

UPDATE 6/7/2012:
NEW LOGO
Is that a custom theme? It looks great. I would recommend changing the font from times new roman. Also, is your CSS server VAC protected? And one last thing, what's the plugin you use for images on the board?
It is a custom theme, yes Mebes Net Smile

Good luck with the site play-connect!
(2012-04-12, 12:34 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]Is that a custom theme? It looks great. I would recommend changing the font from times new roman. Also, is your CSS server VAC protected? And one last thing, what's the plugin you use for images on the board?

Yup, you can ask Euan all about the custom theme since he is the one that coded it. Thanks for the compliment. Our CSS server is VAC protected and we try to hold sessions here and there when we want to Toungue

For the plugin, are you talking about the gallery feature?
Regarding the font, it's actually Droid Serif. I just used the PSD that Jordan sent me to determine the fonts and stuff Wink
Theme looks superb.. well done codicious team!

Good luck with the site Smile
(2012-04-12, 01:14 AM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]Theme looks superb.. well done codicious team!

Good luck with the site Smile

Thank you very much Smile It was a pleasure designing it for such a great website.
You need to set up that "Work" page Jordan, because I didn't even know you made this. People need to see the work you lot do, it's insane! Amazing theme (again).

As for site feedback - you have too many sections for a new forum, you should reduce them. Keep them small, compact, generalised. It's organized, neat and makes things look more active. I myself have only made 10 public sections with 67,000 posts on WF, so it doesn't limit the amount of potential content being posted.

I really wish you good luck with this, gaming websites are incredibly hard to get big now'adays as it's such a overpopulated niche, but you took the effort to purchase a custom theme which means you're definitely dedicated.
Sorry for kind of hi-jacking this thread with chat about the theme so much Wink Anyway, Anxiety, this was literally only just finished today. There are still a few small issues which I need to resolve with it too.
(2012-04-12, 02:20 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]You need to set up that "Work" page Jordan, because I didn't even know you made this. People need to see the work you lot do, it's insane! Amazing theme (again).

As for site feedback - you have too many sections for a new forum, you should reduce them. Keep them small, compact, generalised. It's organized, neat and makes things look more active. I myself have only made 10 public sections with 67,000 posts on WF, so it doesn't limit the amount of potential content being posted.

I really wish you good luck with this, gaming websites are incredibly hard to get big now'adays as it's such a overpopulated niche, but you took the effort to purchase a custom theme which means you're definitely dedicated.

I agree, Codicio does make awesome themes. Honestly though, this is the best that I could do with reducing the number of forums. I know too much forums isn't so good but if you look at the current forums, they are pretty well organized imo. (Talking about the main forums)

Also yep, I am dedicated to the forum. It's been 7-months now and I'm happy with the progress so far.

P.S. Updated the OP with forum stats.

(2012-04-12, 02:23 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for kind of hi-jacking this thread with chat about the theme so much Wink Anyway, Anxiety, this was literally only just finished today. There are still a few small issues which I need to resolve with it too.

It's ok Toungue And he's right, the theme's actually been in development for a LONG time; I believe I had them begin the project late February.
Pages: 1 2