MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb talk with wordpress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

is there any plugin or mod by that i can use single user name and password for the both(like:- my website user can access mybb also)

i used some plugin but i not get that which i want. in those plugin when new user click on registration on myside after that request goes to mybb but i dont like this process. i want if user register at my website, he can use same user name and pass at mybb instead of going to mybb registration page.

please suggest me something about this. Huh
is your website in word press, may you will have to grab or write a plugin for word press, if user sign up in word press make entry in mybb too.

i have had related issue. database was common. tables were different via table prefix.
main website is in mybb. i made a mybb plugin, on mybb user registration complete, wrote a custom query and made an entry for WP_user tables.

i can tell you hooks of mybb , but it does not build login session for both. both application will need to login , but username and password will be same..
We at codicious actually have something in the works for this kind of thing. I can't say when it'll be ready though I'm afraid. The other alternative is to try WordBB, though it's fairly buggy.
(2012-04-12, 12:51 PM)xxx Wrote: [ -> ]is your website in word press, may you will have to grab or write a plugin for word press, if user sign up in word press make entry in mybb too.

i have had related issue. database was common. tables were different via table prefix.
main website is in mybb. i made a mybb plugin, on mybb user registration complete, wrote a custom query and made an entry for WP_user tables.

i can tell you hooks of mybb , but it does not build login session for both. both application will need to login , but username and password will be same..

yes xxx you are right that's i want Smile ...but i don't know PHP Sad . can you please help me to do that .

thanks for reply xxx.

(2012-04-12, 01:08 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]We at codicious actually have something in the works for this kind of thing. I can't say when it'll be ready though I'm afraid. The other alternative is to try WordBB, though it's fairly buggy.

i tried wordBB that is not that much good as mybb... and i don't want to go for that alternative Sleepy . i have to wait till this fix Sad .

Thanks euantor for reply
dear most welcome, but i can help you out and assist you. you will have to learn something about php and how to to with MyBB.

i have had to choose among phpbb, mybb,smf and wordbb. the majority decision was in the favor of mybb , keeping in mind a lot of things like easy module development, vast community, open-source and many other things.

dear any question you can ask. i will try my best to help you but i am afraid, i may not able to write code for you. i am kinda busy at office.