MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: portal as homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi how can i can i set the portal as the home page so that when you type the site address in you goto the portal and how do i put a link to the portal page in the nav bar on the forum page.
i`ve tried the plugin but it worked 1 time an then stopped working
Open htaccess.txt and add the following code in it;
DirectoryIndex portal.php

After adding this, Chnage the name of the file from;
htaccess.txt
to;
.htaccess

It will redirect your users to portal once they arrive at your site Smile

Edit: Since it has been asked countless times, I've edited the wiki page with the solution how to redirect users to portal.
[wiki]Portal#How_can_I_redirect_users_to_portal_once_they_arrive_at_my_site_.3F[/wiki]
where do i add the code m8
I've wrote where you've to add this. Its htaccess.txt
now my site dont work at all www.vauxhallmodified.co.uk
Its .htaccess
As far as i know htaccess.txt doesnt do anything. Atleast it doesnt do anything for hostgator. Where they include this hidden file as .htaccess.

You can show these hidden files generally speaking by ticking the box show hidden files (On the Cpanel file manager), or use a ftp client (normally speaking these show it automatically)

Also make it:
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php
If it cant find the portal.php it will grab the index.php next.
(2012-04-10, 01:22 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]You need to remove the " " strings from the index template. That's caused by a bug in codepress.

(2012-04-12, 04:53 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I've wrote where you've to add this. Its htaccess.txt

but where in the text at the top or bottom or what ?

its not working m8 still goes to the forum page
I'd advise you to put it at the top of that file.
ok i`ll try it now m8

nope still not working
I would love to know this to, I tried with .htaccess but it didn't work. Are there any other ways to fix this?
Pages: 1 2