MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post on the portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I have seen many forums posting stuff on the portal and then you can continue reading it in a forum!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Appledevhub.
www.appledevhub.co.cc
http://www.appledevhub.co.cc/portal.php

There's your portal page.

In Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Portal Settings

Configure which forum to pull posts from.
It can't pull forums it shows only announcements!

Is there any plugin for this?
In the box in the portal settings you put the FID of the forums you want to see in the portal announcements. It will then show any thread from those forums on your portal page.
(2012-04-13, 04:50 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]In the box in the portal settings you put the FID of the forums you want to see in the portal announcements. It will then show any thread from those forums on your portal page.
Where can you find the FID?
(2012-04-13, 07:41 AM)AppleDevHub Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-13, 04:50 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]In the box in the portal settings you put the FID of the forums you want to see in the portal announcements. It will then show any thread from those forums on your portal page.
Where can you find the FID?

Click on the forum you want to display, after it loads check your browser.

Copy that fid=x
This works great except I want the "Stickied" threads in the forum to stay on the portal page. Any chance someone knows how to make that happen?
I don't think that's part of the portal function, you would likely require a custom modification to make that happen.

As a work around though, you could just manually write things out in a code format in the Portal templates so that it would show up there.
(2012-04-13, 03:20 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]...
As a work around though, you could just manually write things out in a code format in the Portal templates so that it would show up there.

That would be fine with me. Any chance you could help me with a template for the code I would need
Sure I can help you get the code, edit the Portal setting so it "pulls" something first, then I'll get the code and provide you instructions on how/where to put it in.
Pages: 1 2