MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How Do I Make A Button With The Same Format As the Home Page Button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I just added an upgrade page on my forum! But I have one problem: On the top right of my forum there are the pages - home, members, search, and help. THESE ALL LOOK ALIKE AND HAVE THE SAME TEXT FORMAT. How can I make one of my buttons say "Upgrade" and look exactly like home, members, search, and help? You can see in the top right of my forum it says "Home" instead of "Upgrade". I want it to say "Upgrade" instead of "Home". In other words, I am trying to make a Page Button have the same exact style and Design as the other default page buttons (Home, members, etc...). Can you please tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance! I really need help with this!
Add this to the header template of your theme next under the rest of the links.
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/upgrade.php">Upgrade</a></li>
(2012-04-13, 04:00 AM)Shizzuly Wrote: [ -> ]Add this to the header template of your theme next under the rest of the links.
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/upgrade.php">Upgrade</a></li>

But that doesn't work. It makes a blue link (not the same style like my other buttons) and it isn't formatted correctly. Look at it: <snip>
Is it in the same section as the other links?
<div class="menu">
				<ul>
                                 <li> etc </li>
</ul>
</div>
That also will only work if the links are styled with css, if they are actual images each with the writing of the link on it, it won't work and you need to make another image.
(2012-04-13, 04:14 AM)Shizzuly Wrote: [ -> ]Is it in the same section as the other links?
<div class="menu">
				<ul>
                                 <li> etc </li>
</ul>
</div>
That also will only work if the links are styled with css, if they are actual images each with the writing of the link on it, it won't work and you need to make another image.

Okay! That's what I though! Is there any way to do this? Can you please help me with this?
Try to recreate the image the best you can with some sort of image editor. Or you could ask the theme designer if he has a blank button he wouldn't mind sharing.
(2012-04-13, 04:21 AM)Shizzuly Wrote: [ -> ]Try to recreate the image the best you can with some sort of image editor. Or you could ask the theme designer if he has a blank button he wouldn't mind sharing.

Can you please do it for me? I will even pay you if it's good.
[Image: 5kV1F.png]
Hi,

The MyBB group offers support under the conditions of our Support Eligibility policy. It is apparent that one or more of your forums do not meet the conditions of our policy and therefore you are ineligible for support. This could be because of adult, piracy or hacking related content or because your forum does not display the minimum “Powered by MyBB” notice.

If you have any questions regarding this policy please post in the Private Inquiries forum.

Regards,
The MyBB group.