MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All members to another group?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am making it to where people have to post 25 times before they can post in the marketplace. I am using the promotion system, and as of right now all current regular members have to post 25 more times even if they have already posted 25 times. So I am wondering how I can move all current regular members to the group that allows them to post in the marketplace. Rather than making alot of my active members have to post 25 more times out of the marketplace. It would probably make them mad which is not what I want. So yeah let me know if there is any solution that I am not thinking of, or perhaps another suggestion. Thanks
Run in PHPMyAdmin

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup=x WHERE postnum>=25 AND usergroup!=4

Replace x with the gid of the usergroup. You can get the gid of the group by clicking edit group.
(2012-04-13, 03:34 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Run in PHPMyAdmin

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup=x WHERE postnum>=25 AND usergroup!=4

Replace x with the gid of the usergroup. You can get the gid of the group by clicking edit group.

Why would the usergroup be 4? My members gid is 2?

Wouldn't it be,
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup=39 WHERE postnum>=25 AND usergroup!=2

Usergroup 2 = Is what group they are currently in.
Usergroup 39 = The group I want them to be moved to.
Usergroup 4 = Administrators.
???
If you make the group and add a promotion. Once the users makes one post it should auto update them
And if that doesn't work (auto moving them), you can go to Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Promotion System

There's a clock icon on every line, click the one on the Promotion System, it'll force the task to process.

You can make the task run every 5 mins by changing the Time: Minutes setting to: 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55
(2012-04-13, 09:06 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]And if that doesn't work (auto moving them), you can go to Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Promotion System

There's a clock icon on every line, click the one on the Promotion System, it'll force the task to process.

You can make the task run every 5 mins by changing the Time: Minutes setting to: 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55

That just did the trick. Smile Thank you very much. I guarantee my members appreciate it as well as me.