MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do i add a link to the portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i add a link to the portal i know that i need to edit the template but i`ve not got a clue when it comes to stuff like that so can some1 please tell me how to do it

what do i add to the template and where in the template
Where do you want to put a link to the portal? In the nav bar?

If so, go to templates > select your theme > select header templates > header > find:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php">Forums</a>
add before:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php">Portal</a>

Or something similar, I had to take a look at your templates for better explanation.
(2012-04-13, 09:34 AM)king_og Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you want to put a link to the portal? In the nav bar?

If so, go to templates > select your theme > select header templates > header > find:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php">Forums</a>
add before:

Or something similar, I had to take a look at your templates for better explanation.

thats great m8 thanks how do i now change the name of the ortal to home i`ve done it on the link on the nav bar but just need to change it so that it says home insted of portal when on the portal
Easy,

find:

replace with:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php">Home</a>
(2012-04-13, 06:16 PM)king_og Wrote: [ -> ]Easy,

find:

replace with:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php">Home</a>

done that m8 but its called portal on the link but when on the portal its called portal still click here to see what i mean http://vauxhallmodified.co.uk/portal.php
where it says portal next to the site name i want it to say home
You could try to download your portal.php, rename it to home.php and reupload it to your server. Then just change the word in the link from portal to home.