MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No dublicated registrations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

On Mybb is it possible to set hours for dublicated IP registrations. So If you set it at 48 hours the same IP is not able to register 2 times in 48 hours.

But I want to disable the dublicate registration, so I some have already registrated at the forum and the try to register with a second account with the same IP they reseave a message that it is not allow to register 2 times with the same IP

So how can I set it that people only can register 1 time with 1 IP??
I have search for a plugin but not found, and I want not that people can register more then 1 times with 1 IP for spammers etc.

Thanks helping me out!!
Home » Board Settings » User Registration and Profile Options

Maximum Registrations Per IP Address

This option allows you to set the maximum amount of times a certain user can register within the timeframe specified above.
yes, I know but that just the point, I don't want to set a time but I want to disable the hole option that members NEVER can register two times with the same IP. If I set a time they can still register with the same IP after the set time.

So I want to have that the can not register with the same IP never!!
That's a terrible policy.

Because common household Internet Services uses Dynamic IP addresses, meaning they change all the time. What if the IP was released and went to someone completely new, they can't register because someone else have done it before? That's absolutely absurd.
I have don it on a diffrent why.
I have set a big couple of hours and change the language of member_lang and have set a own text there, so its now good...