MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Currently i'm using google SEO and it works wonders, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to do two things.

1) Chang myforum.com/forum-2.html to myforum.com/category/boardname or myforum.com/cathegory-boardname

2) Change myforum.com/thread-67.html to myforum.com/threadtitle-id

I had a look at the htaccess and the different variables and i just couldn't get my head around this!
You're not using the Google SEO rewrites by the look of it. have you enabled the Google SEO URLs and made the necessary changes to the .htaccess etc?
Yeah I have, it changed them from something like showthread= to thread-67 which is all well and good, but im clueless on how to make it display the other way i suggested.
That's the MyBB default SEO Friendly URL scheme. Google SEO includes an alternate scheme. For more information, see here: https://github.com/frostschutz/google-se...le-seo-url
That's the bit i got confused at. I had a read up but couldn't figure out what the alternative schemes i should use to achieve what i said on post 1.
Have you activated the Google SEO URLs in the Google SEO settings? Once you do that, visit the plugin manager in the ACP and Google SEO will tell you exactly what to do.
Yeh i have activated it and what not, i go down to the URL settings but whats the phrase to put in that changes the layout to what i need
It's all explained extremely clearly in the plugin's instructions. I don't use the URL module of Google SEO at all on any of my sites, but I guess for the category one it would be like this:

category-{url}