MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will There Be SVN Access for 1.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there was going to be any public SVN access for 1.8 before they released a beta. Anyone know if this has been discussed/decided?
As stated on the blog, 1.8 is located on Github. We'll most likely make the Git repository public when the first beta is released.
Hmm?? Few years ago I am certain you guys said there will be no 1.8 and directly going to 2.0 with a complete rewrite using the MVC(or HMVC) architecture and a brand new layout.
(2012-04-15, 11:14 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm?? Few years ago I am certain you guys said there will be no 1.8 and directly going to 2.0 with a complete rewrite using the MVC(or HMVC) architecture and a brand new layout.

Well evidently the team had a change of heart.
(2012-04-15, 11:14 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm?? Few years ago I am certain you guys said there will be no 1.8 and directly going to 2.0 with a complete rewrite using the MVC(or HMVC) architecture and a brand new layout.

Quote:With our development roadmap for MyBB 2.0 getting underway soon, we quickly felt the need to bridge the large gap that would have been 1.6 to 2.0. We wanted to create something that would provide a legacy to users of the 1.x series – the best of the best – and there was only one way we could get that to our users; MyBB 1.8.

http://blog.mybb.com/2012/04/03/mybb-1-8...roduction/