MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Horrible permissions glitch.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The permissions I'm applying to Forums are no longer saving. Why is this? Is there a way I can reset/delete all custom permissions?
Specifically will not allow post attachments options to user groups. all user groups minus a few have the ability set in group properties to post attachments.

and the permissions reset button isn't doing anything
Try changing the post attachments option group by group in your forum management permissions, click the save option withing the modal, but DON'T click save in the button at the bottom of the forum. That should work.
I did, the group settings are not inheriting properly into the categories. So I tried setting custom permissions on categories hoping that they'd inherent into their forums but that's not working either. post attachments is always not checked. even after saving permissions multiple times.
I had a similar problem - found that setting the permissions at usergroup level within each forum seemed to work. I worry that is killing my forum permissions cache though.
Thank you Leefish, is there a way to rebuild the permissions cache then? maybe that would fix my issue. Because the upload attachment permission is not being updated on any of the forums.

edit:
NVM on the cache rebuild, I found it at ADMIN CP>TOOLS & MAINTENANCE>Cache Manager>forumpermissions>Rebuild Cache
will edit if I find that it fixed my issue.

I've tried absolutely everything i know to do, I upgraded to 1.6.7, made sure all forums were properly ordered, rebuilt permissions cache a couple times, cleared permissions for main category and all forums and re-applied permissions to category so would propagate to rest of forums and still it won't keep post attachments permission for any of the user groups checked! My forum operation depends on these permissions working properly.. what else can I do to fix this?

Edit:
Issue solved.. just don't change your user group permissions in USERS without also adjusting ALL forum user permissions in FORUMS for that group.