MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Never use godaddy's whois
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Last week i was checking a very normal domain several times, using godaddy whois ,which is in pending delete (registred in another registrar), waiting to buy him after being expired. suddenly mister godaddy's bought him before i did, and now they ask 280$ at least for it, and if i want to buy him i have to contact an agent , which is going to give me a punch in nose price.
To be honest i'm impressed by godaddy's mofu systems, but companies like this really ruins the internet.
i crapy normal domain, really no big deal,get a price like that because i used their whois, there's NO privacy , just the same cruelty of rich people
Never use GoDaddy in general dude. They are a terrible company.
(2012-04-14, 06:07 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Never use GoDaddy in general dude. They are a terrible company.
horribly stupid company, i forgot to tell you :when i was checking that domain, it happens that the .com central registry server's down, and as usual , godaddy's shows that is available, so i hurried up to registre it with another cheap good company (but honnest) their system show me that is the central .coms's server is down for a while,and it can't be purchased.
What was the domain?
Tomm M Wrote: As for the second, can you explain in a bit more detail? I have no idea what 'Haddvha' is.

'Haddvha' ?? well ! i'm not a native english speaker, but i can speak and write in 4 languages Wink

(2012-04-14, 07:06 PM)Alex C. Wrote: [ -> ]What was the domain?

yes it has a couple of common words Toungue, but it is not a really big deal to sell/resell it using an agent (humain agent).
I hate Go Daddy, they take every chance they get to screw over their peons customers.
I'm actually a GoDaddy customer and have never ever been screwed. Though I'm not surprised at all that they're the sort, the whole SOPA story was lols.
Name.com did something similar to that to me.
I have been using namecheap.com for years and never had a problem.
Pages: 1 2