MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Otaku Space - Anime and Manga discussions at their finest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: like_anime.png]

What is Otaku Space?
http://otakuspace.net is a website all about anime and manga. Our 46 members have made 1556 posts in 251 threads, and that number grows every day. Otaku Space is all about having mentally stimulating conversations with others about the classics, or about the new stuff that has a massive fan base.

Why register?
Because you enjoy anime and/or manga? Because it's a good opportunity? Because you have nothing better to do? I don't really know, but everyone has a reason.

What do you have that everyone else doesn't?
We are a focused community, as compared with 4Chan or the late UltimateManga, and we really enjoy the conversations we have.

[Image: 33eki0w.gif]
I signed up. Are you looking for comments?

Personally I found that some of the color choices made certain sections hard to read/hard on the eyes. (For example, white on light grey "Otaku Space » Otaku Space » Introductions")

A new thread button at the top of a forum would be nice too. I thought I was not activated at first.

10kb for an avatar is apparently quite limiting (one of my members complained).

I liked the news forum. That has potential to pull in users, but it's nested way deep! It would be great in your anime and manga section, where it would stand out, especially if you combined some boards until there were more topics.
Yeah, I need to fix most of that. Fixed the button (don't know why it wasn't there, honestly), I'm going to change the color soon, and the moving the anime/manga news is a good idea. I'll think about it.
Is the site down at the moment?
There's a DDOS attack on the server; it's shared, so I can't do too much about it. I've contacted the host, though.
Ohhhhhh Dear, I hate people who *Fire my Laser* at sites, its so pointless
That's too bad. Any updates?
It's back. The host wasn't helping, so we moved. Toungue Business, baby. But, yeah, we're back.
So, I know I said in my last comment that the news forum was a good idea. Well, I have something to add to that; I was really pleased when you added my "news" post to that forum. I didn't realize it was member-driven content - I just thought you and the mods maintained it, but since regular people's posts can be moved there, I think your other members will be encouraged to mention news too.

I bet the news topics on that forum would be great for the portal site if you ever decided to use it.
I'm planning to make the news forum a more central piece of the site as it goes forward. I've been planning to do that for a while, but never got around to it; you've been a catalyst for the site, in a way. Honestly, I've got some great things planned, overall. They should happen over the early summer.