MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registered users cannot upload avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just getting a new forum community started and my users are trying to upload avatars but they're just taken to a blank/white usercp.php page. As an admin, I can upload an avatar with no problem. I can't see anything wrong in the settings. Permissions are fine on the folders and for the registered users group. There's no error message - just a blank white page without the avatar uploading. I'm using the latest version of the software. Any ideas?

http://www.dogsindepth.com/forum/
Try re-uploading the usercp.php page, also what theme are you using since I can recall one of the MyBB themes having a problem where usercp.php went to a blank page that I used.
Any plugin you're using that directly or indirectly interfere with Avatar uploading feature ?
Thank you. Okay, I reuploaded usercp.php but still no luck. I'm using the Apart theme:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/apart-1

Installed plugins:

Nofollow Signatures & Member Websites (1.2)
PostAd(lite) (1.0.0)
Registration Security Question (1.2)

Any more ideas? The thing is - I can change my avatar no problem. I'm an Admin. On my wife's computer, I cannot change hers. Maybe I'll upgrade her account to Admin and see what happens. We're both using MacBook Pros and Chrome.

Okay. Even when I set her up as an Admin, it still doesn't work for her. Blank white screen after avatar upload. I really don't get it...
Go to: AdminCP > Templates > Your theme's templates > User Control Panel Templates > and Revert back to original "usercp_changeavatar" template.
(2012-04-18, 05:11 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Go to: AdminCP > Templates > Your theme's templates > User Control Panel Templates > and Revert back to original "usercp_changeavatar" template.

I have a funny feeling this is going to work - but how do you revert? Is there a link/button somewhere?

Thank you...
Left Click on the [Options] button infront of the template name, then select "Revert back to original" in the list.
I see the options button on the right side and when I click on it, I only see a "Full Edit" option. Am I in the right area?
Alright, then the template is fine. Have you see any template name in green color ? If yes, which ones ??
I only have edited header templates, footer templates, member_register, nav_sep, nav_sep_active, postbit, showthread...
Pages: 1 2