MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possibly found a moderator permission bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-04-17, 10:53 PM)mattias Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this is another bug. Moderators shouldn't be able to maintain reported posts from forums they aren't assigned to.
Well, I think that as a moderator you should be able to see all reported posts in the Mod CP. That means that in my opinion Mr.Kewl's statement is wrong.
Otherwise the header "Reported Posts (Reports in your forums are highlighted)" wouldn't make any sense. The localization implies that Mods can also see reported posts in foreign forums.

I tested it just now:
If I'm the moderator of a forum the reported post gets highlighted in red (I'm using a custom theme so color may vary). If I'm not a moderator on that forum the reported posts has a normal background color. In that case I can't do anything on this forum, but I can read the reported post and mark it as read.

So I don't think that there's a bug. The only thing that's strange is, that I don't get an announcement without my patch. But that seems to be a different matter.
You can read the reported posts, but can't take action against them if they aren't in your forum.

I forgot I was using this
http://community.mybb.com/thread-102786.html .
Pages: 1 2