MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GalaxyFreaks - Dutch Smartphone & Tablet forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-04-17, 07:01 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I like em - they are not so bad. Rather than asking me (there is a reason why there are no icons on leefish Toungue ) you could try looking for some free webicons.

How did your HTML check turn out?

I have checked 3 a 4 pages and the checker says on all pages a lot of errors, also on pages that I not have edit so the checker says that the page of mybb are not good?????
(2012-04-17, 08:28 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-17, 07:01 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I like em - they are not so bad. Rather than asking me (there is a reason why there are no icons on leefish Toungue ) you could try looking for some free webicons.

How did your HTML check turn out?

I have checked 3 a 4 pages and the checker says on all pages a lot of errors, also on pages that I not have edit so the checker says that the page of mybb are not good?????

Hmm, I think if you run the default theme with NO plugins then it validates.

However, you have many errors on your pages. Remember, if you change the header and it does not validate - then that is on all pages and so no page will validate. You need to go through the faults as defined by the checker. It is easiest to fix the divs inside spans issues first as they cause the most cascading problems.
Yeah I don't know this all i'm not so in html etc.
But it's strange that also the standard not edited templates pages or templates have errors.
I likes if the validater is not 100% because its strange that the standard mybb pages have errors.
Well, like I said - is it edited by a plugin?

A classic error is having a DIV inside a SPAN tag - that will immediately error.

Another problem that will cascade on your page is badly formed UL and LI tags.

If a plugin adds HTML - and that HTML is not correct - then a "default" template will error - as it is now edited - by the plugin. Good HTML will it make it much easier to modify your templates etc so that your site looks the same across all browsers.
Pages: 1 2