MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PLEASE: Login Form Similar to vBulletin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This may or may not have already been posted, but I find it imperative that MyBB should have its built-in login form style similar to vBulletin's as well as when the user then does login, the welcome message, PM, and other notifications are then set there as well where the login form was.

Having a login form that has the username field above the password field is an easy and superior method of attracting users to login. As it's currently set, I myself find it difficult to find how to login a MyBB forum. It's also ugly.

I believe that by doing this, it will increase user activity and possibly boost user registration rates. And this is NOT because it tries to resemble vBulletin, but instead makes logging in easy, and the login form more visible and more clear. And then once logged in, having the login form replaced with a welcome username message and PM/other notifications, it'll make forum usage more effective and easier, especially in the sense of easier navigation.

This idea has been submitted to http://ideas.mybb.com - please vote for it.

URL: http://ideas.mybb.com/idea/login-formsty...-vbulletin
Umm, I don't see how styling it with the username on top of the passwords makes any difference over having it on the left of the password. Besides you can easily change this by editing the templates.
(2012-04-16, 01:39 AM)EGS Wrote: [ -> ]Having a login form that has the username field above the password field is an easy and superior method of attracting users to login. As it's currently set, I myself find it difficult to find how to login a MyBB forum. It's also ugly.

http://community.mybb.com/members.php?action=login

The Username field is already above password field. Smile

Quote:I believe that by doing this, it will increase user activity and possibly boost user registration rates. And this is NOT because it tries to resemble vBulletin, but instead makes logging in easy, and the login form more visible and more clear. And then once logged in, having the login form replaced with a welcome username message and PM/other notifications, it'll make forum usage more effective and easier, especially in the sense of easier navigation.
The current login is more clear. MyBB provides a quick login in Index and full login in the link i mentioned above. How is VB's login design better than this?
And as Alex said, its upto the theme designer. They can style the login form any way they like.

Even the current system shows Welcome message after successful login and show PM alerts too.
Am referring to the forum index page and all pages. With over 1k views in this thread already, it's clear what's wanted.
Half those views are spiders or social network bots.
Add 'vBulletin' to a post here and it will get 1,000 views in an hour.

MyBB will not be following, copying or recreating anything that vBulletin has done/is doing. There are a lot more efficient methods than the way they are doing it.
(2012-04-16, 06:43 AM)EGS Wrote: [ -> ]Am referring to the forum index page and all pages. With over 1k views in this thread already, it's clear what's wanted.

Even if you present good ideas, your attitude makes me want to totally disregard them.

MyBB's login form could be improved to be a bit slicker, but to imply that it's hard to login is absurd. Anyway, you have complete control over how the login form is presented, so take ownership of that.
If someone can't figure out how to log in, then they probably aren't needed in a forum.
You guys aren't understanding the concept of marketing and KISS philosophies. One of the reasons vBulletin forums thrive in activity is because it's clear how to login and where to login and then where the notifications are. Once registration is easy the rest comes with it.
I work in marketing and user experience. lol

You were talking about Login but now you say Register? Which is it?

If you want to look at the perfect KISS login/register, check out Tumblr.
Pages: 1 2